Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The history of the Wayne guitar

The history of the Wayne has been a tricky thing to find out. My Wayne says We produced this instrument by hand with great care and conscience for you - the player. Made expressly for Wayne Music & Electrical Co. Melbourne, Australia on a graphic of Mt. Fuji label inside. Mine was made in korea although it is very old i believe early 70s if not older. Theres also ties to The acclaimed Takamine company which produce some of the finest guitars

5 comments:

gmale007 said...

Can you post a pic please, I also have one I got given 30 years ago

Unknown said...

I have just picked up a J-77, in fair condition, 2 machine heads are not original and the scratch plate was cracked, so I removed it.
Ii is a bit cracked about the edges, but a good clean up , bridge adjustment and a new set of "Artist" strings (med. custom gauge) and it sounds delightful.
Any idea how old it may be? It has the Mt Fuji decal in the sound hole with the quote "....- you the player" Any info. would be appreciated

JohnnyBoy

Unknown said...

Hi....not sure if anyone is still here...I just read this blog while looking for information on my Wayne acoustic guitar model W-20 and has a sticker on the back of the tuning head Made in Korea. I bought this guitar as it was so easy to play and had such a full sound. Where can I find out more about it?

Unknown said...

I own a wayne strat copy looks to have been made around the 80s or 90s not country of manufacture or serial.it is gunmetal grey with black pickgaurd with matching grey headstock anyone know something about this guitar?

Clyde said...

Hi, Not sure if anyone is still here... My husband's older brother just gave him a Wayne guitar, made in Melbourne (Australia) His brother bought it new back around 1950. It is a Smoky Dawson model with the Smoky Dawson picture still on it. It has recently been refinished but not completely renewed.
Cheers.